Friday, February 28, 2014

An American Journey: At Home

…Continued from Westbound (Part 2).

While at home, Scott Keller and I replaced the missing side view mirror.  This cost $25 at a salvage yard for the mirror (it was a power mirror).  And, of course, I got the car licensed in Oregon, and got my Oregon plates: ZYJ 015.  (Another nice thing about Oregon, you get your plates right there at the DMV that day, whereas Wisconsin has to make them and send them to you.)  And, of course, I filled up my gas tank.  Winter break for MSOE is only two weeks, so after New Years I had to worry about going back to Milwaukee.

Classes started again for me on Monday, January 5.  My dad tried to convince me to leave Thursday, New Years Day, so I "would have plenty of time," but I wasn't very receptive to the idea.  As it turned out, an unusually large snowstorm, made even more unusual due to the fact that there had already been one large storm just a few days before (it rarely snows in this part of Oregon), moved through the area on New Years Day, and I decided I wasn't going to leave in it.  So I ended up leaving on the morning of Friday, January 2.  I would have liked to have waited one more day, as the roads still weren't completely clear, and there was a chance I would catch up to the storm again (a good chance, I would find out) but if I was going to be back in Milwaukee by Sunday night, I couldn't wait any longer.

Continue to Eastbound

No comments:

Post a Comment