Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Blue Heron in Newport & a 7-Up Sign in Monmouth

Here are a couple of pictures I appear to have taken on a family trip to the Oregon coast in the summer of 1994. I don't remember this trip, so I'm not sure where we went, and these two pictures aren't very helpful, but I am presenting them anyway.

Blue Heron in Newport, Oregon, in 1994

This first picture doesn't appear to be of anything. In fact, for a long time, I didn't even remember what it was supposed to be a picture of. Then I looked closely, and I realized there is a blue heron in the picture. It is standing on the rocks next to the water, blending in with the rotting pilings behind it. I have no idea where this was, but I assume it had to be somewhere on the Oregon coast.

Old 7-Up Sign in Monmouth, Oregon, in 1994

I took this picture through the windshield of the car on the way home as we drove through Monmouth, Oregon, on Highway 99W because I thought that old 7-Up sign at the Pic-N-Save Market looked cool. I am not sure if I saw the sign on the way to the coast, or if traffic was just slow enough for me to notice the sign and get my camera ready. It's a good thing I did, because it's not there anymore. If we were traveling though Monmouth, that suggests that the blue heron might have been in Newport or further south. I'm just going to assume it was in Newport.

No comments:

Post a Comment